Monday, March 31, 2003

8830 Rally 6-wheeler

This is my last set before the dark ages kicked in. I got it on the edge and it kept me on the right side for about three months. I learned to build it w/o the instructions and had a lot of fun with it until I accidentally broke one of the 1x4 liftarms. Since I didn't have another from any other set it made me kinda sad and my LEGO collection ended on our attic...

The set is pretty cool and has six wheels (duh!) and steers with four of them, like the 8660 does. It comes with one technic figure and is colored in yellow.

Year 1990, 169 pieces.





Four wheel steering in the same way as 8660.







Alternative model.




The chair does not come any lower then that :) Note that this set is pre-designed to be motorized and it comes with an instrucion on how to do so. The model moves dullingly slow with the motor though.




Great pieces

Yellow pieces :)

Links

Building instruction on Brickshelf
Inventory on Peeron
Set reference on Lugnet
Jim Hughes Technica

No comments: