Monday, March 31, 2003

8020 Universal building set

This is what I consider my very first Technic set. I got the 8841 Desert racer before this one, but I don't think it's that much Technic. This set taught me basic gearing techniques and has provided me with a lot of fun.

Released in 1984 and contains 119 pieces.

If I got it the same year it was released I would have been six years old.


I suppose this is a garbage truck of some kind.




Here's the front.




A grader.





Helicopter.





A Jeep, some sort of SUV anyway.





And a van.





The final model is a wind mill. It taught me a thing or two about gearing :)



Great pieces

Does not contain any special pieces. The standard collection of beams and pegs back in 1984. Although it contains some yellow, the original Technic color in my honest opinion.

Links

Building instruction on Brickshelf
Inventory on Peeron
Set reference on Lugnet
Jim Hughes Technica

No comments: