Thursday, October 24, 2002

8844 Helicopter

Information

Okay, so it's a helicopter. It has a main rotor and a tail rotor. It can raise/lower it's landing gears (very Helicoptrish I think ,).

This is a set that I either bought or traded in some deal with my brother before my dark ages. He's six years older then me and was much more interested in my money or a model sailplane I got as a gift from a neighbor that moved... Anyway..

Year 1981, 301 pieces.


Sorry for the quality on these images, I have to rebuild this one day to produce better images :)




Heli under construction.




Later...




And then...




Done! These landing gears are retractable. Now that's a common feature on heli's!



Chainlinks :)




Up we go...




Tail.




Alternative model #1




Close up.




This steering stick actually moves the rudder.




This rudder that is.




Alternative model #2.




Alternative model #3.




Seen Britney Spears video where she tries to look sexy with a chair? This is the very chair used.

Just kidding, they used a designer chair from France made out of stainless steel originally design to withstand the demands of the US Navy.

This is the alternative model #4





Alternative model #5

Britney Spears... nah.

This is a model of the retractable landing gears.



Great pieces

Chain links
Blue beams

Links

Building instruction on Brickshelf
Inventory on Peeron
Set reference on Lugnet
Jim Hughes Technica

No comments: