Tuesday, January 2, 2001

Toothbrush holder

I bought a couple of electric toothbrushes for me and my girlfriend and I didn't like them to lay directly on the handbasin so I wanted some kind of holder for them.

I stood in our kitchen and though of a good material to build such a holder in, I was leaning towards metal or wood when the presence of LEGO in our livingroom struck me like a lightening in a thunderstorm.

I started building a stand/holder for the toothbrushes. I had two criteria's; It should contain a small number of parts I didn't use a lot when building and it should have a small contact area with the handbasin.

This is what I came up with, not counting the Technic beams, it only uses parts from my overflow bin.

This is a static project that I won't take apart if I don't find myself in the need of the parts (not likely).


It's pretty straight forward.

A cool feature is that it also can hold the brush tip when the handle is in the AC-adapter for refueling. I don't have any picture of this though. Not that it's that much to see...





The stand w/o the brushes.

It's light and strong enough for the job and stands steady on our handbasin. No accident so far and we've been using it for a couple of months now.

Update: I've broken one of the friction pins and so has my mother. Seems they don't like toothpaste?





Backside of the stand.

No comments: